When it comes to buying IKEA ranges, there are two types: free-standing ranges and slide-in ranges. Usually, homeowners don’t think that appliances may make a big difference in their kitchen design other than the ‘empty space’ that you need to leave for your appliance. Well, there’s more than that. An experienced IKEA kitchen designer will ask you for the range type you will use. Here’s why:
- Available models in IKEA: Lagan ($499.00), PRAKTFUL PRO ($ 1,949.00) and PRAKTFUL ($3,007.00)
- Units will have a back plate hosting all the controls or a time display.
- Include a larger oven, usually with a drawer underneath.
- Dimensions: 30″ to 36″ wide and 27 1/2″ to 24″ deep.
- Easy to place anywhere in the kitchen, they don’t require a special cabinet treatment.
- Available models in IKEA: FRAMTID gas ($1,199.00) and FRAMTID ceramic ($999.00)
- Don’t have a backplate, the controls are located at the front.
- Include a standard-sized oven with a drawer underneath.
- Dimensions: 30″ wide and 28 3/4″ deep. You need to leave enough space for standing because they’ll be considerably deeper than your cabinets.
- They create an integrated look within the kitchen as their edges rest on the counter. This needs to be considered for the amount of material for the countertop.