It’s our own version, it’s an IKEA kitchen makeover! We completed this design in just 48 hours for a dramatic update for this kitchen at an L.A condo. This remodel was done with a cabinet budget of $4,246 with ABSTRAKT doors in a high-gloss white finish.
As usual, it all started with some measurements and actual photos to understand the kitchen distribution:
These are the main areas that can be improved with an IKEA kitchen makeover:
- Overhead cabinets at the cooktop area and the narrow walkway make this an uncomfortable kitchen.
- Wide, tall windows provide a great view but a lot of storage space is lost.
- The condo is a long loft-style space where the kitchen distribution could be improved.
- The sink and the dishwasher are in a narrow wall where there’s barely enough space for one person to stand up and load dishes.
- Having more than one person working or walking at the kitchen at the same time would be uncomfortable.
- Flat, boring doors are looking dated and old-fashioned.
- Counterspace is limited: work areas are too small.
So, we combined our ideas along with the general wishlist provided by our customers to propose a new, improved layout for this IKEA kitchen makeover:
To start your own IKEA kitchen makeover, get in touch with one of our designers today! Also, check out some related blog entries:
- Do’s and Dont’s for IKEA peninsulas
- Useful kitchen spaces: peninsulas that work!
- Common kitchen design mistakes: A single cabinet facing out for a table-based peninsula
- Common kitchen design mistakes: What’s the appropiate space between a peninsula and cabinets close to it?