Adding a little luxury to your bathroom for less is possible when you use IKEA cabinets. We designed this chic makeup vanity with a budget of $1,947, including cabinets and accessories. The door style used was RAMSJO black-brown.
To achieve this look, don’t forget to include these key features:
- A functional sink: We prefer an undermount sink to keep an easy-to-clean, streamlined look.
- Plenty of drawers for smaller items and accessories: All those brushes, combs and makeup sets need a place to hide.
- A lowered counter with a mirror: This is the perfect spot to sit down, relax and get ready for that Saturday night dinner.
- Stainless steel legs: These are great for modern vanities and can increase the height of a standard cabinet.
- Corner storage: By using a wall cabinet at the corner on top of the counter, we keep bulkier items out of sight but accessible.
Some IKEA accessories we suggest:
- RATIONELL wall corner carousel – For improved corner storage.
- RATIONELL VARIERA box – Easy to place on a drawer or shelf to keep smaller items contained and avoid clutter.
- RATIONELL VARIERA utensil tray – Meant for kitchen tools but they can easily hold brushes and tweezers within a drawer.
- SAVERN towel hanger – With a modern look and clean lines, it keeps the same style of the vanity.
- GODMORGON storage unit, set of 3 – Helps you organize lipsticks, creams and loose small items.
Here are the measurements of each unit used in our example:
To expand this chic makeup vanity, we turned the additional space between the two counters into a sit-down makeup area with a mirror and a backless, upholstered bench that can easily be tucked underneath when not in use. The extra-low counter makes it more suitable for various seating options, but still appears cohesive with the rest of the vanity.
You might also like:
- IKEA vanities: organized interiors
- IKEA vanities: Using wall cabinets with different heights
- IKEA vanities: Transitional vrs. modern